vrijdag 8 oktober 2010

on the way back home

As I was biking today, crossing the boundaries of the world of the elderly to enter day-to-day life, I landed right back in childhood. Twelve children passed me by, two by two, chatting away about quite anything. Nothing to worry about. They walked when they were told to and they would stop when they hit a tree. No need to get agitated when crossing the street. No complaints at all, for they were just experiencing yet another adventure on their exciting way back home. Happy in their own little world.

Normally, this would leave me longing for a trip ten years back in time. Now, however, I remembered something that changed my mind.

Awkward moments when you had to pick a boy to stand in line with. Tripping over someone else's feet - again and again. And the knowledge that it would all boil down to feeling a clammy hand in yours, holding on tightly. Yuk.

Thank goodness those times are gone.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten